Thursday, September 23, 2010

Angry Rodents

No minimizing hints from me today.  Nothing really blog-worthy at all.  An observation though.....

Squirrels are the most pissed off, irritated little furry bastards on the planet.  I'm sure you've all heard that shrill alarm sound.  That hoarse "chip, chip, chip, chip....hwarreeeeeee,  hwareeeeee.

Yes, they're cute when they hang upside-down and pillage all the bird seed from our feeders, but mostly they're just angry.   Angry like terrorists or Lewis Black or the people in the HOA gestapo in some neighborhoods.  "Chip, chip, chip, your trash receptacle cannot be left in plain sight, those are unapproved colors on your front door, hwareeeeee, hwareeeeee.

They're angry when I leave for work and when I come home.  They're pissed when I start up my truck. They're irritated at the cat for eating her food or for just sleeping on the deck.  They bitch at the chickens, lizards, frogs and everything else that makes noise or moves.  Somehow nature invented a critter that takes crotchetiness to a whole new level.

They chew and dig their way through our garden.  I wish they'd eat those bright red, incendiary Thai peppers I'm growing instead of everything else.

Is life that bad, little guys?  Take a squirrel Xanax

Temper....temper.   Take a chill pill, fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment